Institute IMDEA Energy is a María de Maeztu Centre of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy offers ten PhD scholarships within the framework of the INPhINIT - INCOMING Convocatoria 2022 programme of La Caixa Foundation.
This programme offers PhD fellowships for young researchers of all nationalities to carry out their doctoral studies at Spanish centres accredited with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu awards. This modality focuses exclusively on STEM disciplines: life and health sciences, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics.
BREAKDOWN OF PLACES OFFERED
1. A High-Performance Energy Management System for Railway Power Supplies
2. Advanced hybrid materials for solar fuel production towards CO2 photoreduction and/or N2 fixation
3. Closing the loop: turning conventional fossil-derived plastic residues into bio-based plastics and chemicals by an innovative strategy
4. Customised porous ceramics for solar fuels production
5. Development of hybrid bio-systems for the production of sustainable fuels and chemicals
6. Development of Solar Redox Flow Batteries
7. Metal organic frameworks: towards microplastics valorization
8. New accelerated testing methodologies and aging models of lithium - ion batteries
9. Regionalised life cycle sustainability assessment of alternative transportation fuels
10. Towards an efficient, durable and sustainable photovoltaics: Novel perovskite-based solar cells
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
The INPhINIT Incoming PhD studentship programme is open to young researchers of all nationalities.
At the time of recruitment, candidates must have completed studies that enable them to enrol in an official doctoral programme in Spain/Portugal. Verification of the level of studies equivalent to those mentioned above will be carried out by the host university when the admission procedure is initiated. In the event that, after verification, it is found that they do not meet the requirements, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Under no circumstances may candidates have previously studied the same doctoral studies for which they are applying for the scholarship.
Candidates must have an advanced level of English (B2 or higher).
By the deadline for applications, candidates must be in the first four years of their research career and must not have previously obtained a PhD degree or be in a position to apply for one.
Candidates wishing to join a Spanish centre or university must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately preceding the closing date of the call. Short stays, such as holidays, will not be taken into account.
Closing date of the call: 27 January 2022 (14:00h)
Deadline for submission of the language certificate: 10 February 2022
Communication of the result of the pre-selection and call for interviews: 11 April 2022
Selection interviews: 24, 25 and 26 May 2022
Communication of the final result: 8 June 2022
Centre-scholarship holder agreement: 8 to 30 June 2022
To apply for an INPhINIT fellowship, click here to create your personal account and fill in the on-line “la Caixa” application form.