IMDEA Energy possesses cutting edge skills and significant experience in R&D, testing and analysis of energy technology. IMDEA Energy offers these services to private companies, universities and research and technological centers both nationally and internationally.
- Management and life cycle analysis: LCA, LCA+DEA, LCC, "emergy" analysis, carbon footprinting and analysis in support of environmental declarations applied to products, processes and services. SimaPro, Gabi and DEA Software.
- Process simulation and energy-economic modelling: process feasibility, thermodynamic analysis, energy and exergy balance, socio-economic, techno-economic and sustainability studies and scenarios. AspenPlus, Ebsilon Professional, LEAP and DISCGEN software.
- Synthesis and characterisation of catalyts, materials for high temperature and energy storage, nanoparticles sol-gel, coating of electrodes and electrochemical cells.
- Energy resource management in power networks and power electronics interfaces. Proactive management of power networks. Renewable and storage integration to power net-works. Design and control of power electronics interfaces. Static and dynamic modelling of power networks and microgrids. Real-time control systems.
- Optical-mechanical engineering and optical-enegetic characterisation systems with high radiation flux. Characterisation and simulation of high flows of solar radiation and high temperatures: thermal imaging systems, CCD and CMOS cameras, pyrometry and calorimetry.
- Simulation and modelling: Thermal fluid dynamics, CFD (COMSOL Multiphysics), process simulation and data processing (Matlab Simulink), electric (IPSA, PowerWorld), ray tracing (TracePro), annual performance (STEC/TRNSYS), 3D computer-aided design (SolidWorks), data acquisition and process contro (LabVIEW) and calorimetric loops.