Contract with Acciona Infraestructuras, S.A, within the Industrial R&D Initiative CENIT, funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation.
The main objective of this project is the development of new photocatalytic systems based on silicon oxides modified mesostructured Cr, Fe and its combination with Cu. These systems will be used as catalysts in processes of activation and valorization of CO2, to obtain methane and methanol. Thus, we mark the following partial objectives:
- Demonstration of the feasibility of using photocatalytic processes and materials in the activation and valorization of CO2.
- Development of new photocatalysts based on mesostructured silicon oxides modified with electron donors elements and show their application as novel materials in the processes of activation and recovery of CO2.
- Demonstrate that the introduction of dopants improves the performance and selectivity of CO2 reduction processes.
- Evaluation of the efficiency of regeneration of the catalysts and their reusability (half-life).
- Realize a study about the technical and economic feasibility of the process developed to improve the quality of indoor air.
Partners: Acciona Infraestructuras, S.A; IMDEA Energy Institute
Funding Institution/Program: CDTI-MICINN/CENIT Program 2009
Duration: April 2010-April2011
Principal Researcher: Victor A. de la Peña